Glitter Ombré Effect with Polish Pro
Category: Gel Polish, Nail Art,
Skill Level: intermediate
- After shaping the free edge of the natural nail, gently push back and remove the cuticle with an orangewood stick or other implement.
- A gentle, light buffing using an Endurance 180/240 Grit Buffer to remove surface oils will improve adhesion. Clean and dehydrate the nail plate using a Nail Wipe saturated in Nailpure Plus.
- Apply a thin layer of Essential Base Coat to all five fingers. Be sure to cap the free edges. Cure in the Dual Cure Lamp for 2 minutes in UV, or an LED lamp for 30 seconds.
- Choose a Polish Pro Colour, shake well before use. Apply a thin even layer. The first layer may look translucent. Cure in the Dual Cure Lamp on LED for 30 seconds or UV for 2 minutes. Apply a second layer of colour (for full coverage) and cure again.
- Before removing the tacky layer, coat a clean brush with Secrets Sparkle Glow. Starting at the free edge, apply the glitter by gently patting the brush onto the nail. Apply less glitter as you work towards the cuticle, creating an ombré. Stop three quarters of the way up.
- Apply a layer of Essential Seal, sealing and capping the edges. Cure in the Dual Cure Lamp for 2 minutes in UV lamp or 30 seconds in LED. If the nail feels coarse from glitter, apply a second coat of Essential Seal and cure again.
- Remove the tacky dispersion layer using a Nail Wipe saturated with Cleanse. Condition the cuticle and surrounding skin with Nurture Oil.